Monday, September 24, 2012

Just one more game.....

"Card Players " Designed by: Vishwas Deval
Combining two of the things that I enjoy during my free time, Origami and Playing Board game/Card games. You want to play a game of Thirteen, Kings, Go Fish, Catan, or Arkham Horror, or any other tabletop game for that matter? I'M IN! When was the last time you sat down and played a game with someone for FUN, or bet something that had no monetary value? When was the last time you played a game and didn't mind it if you loss? Haha(I usually don't win...) I have GREAT memories where board games are involved ranging from Board Game Night with my parents and sister when I was a kid, playing Monopoly in an aircondition-less house with cousins as we wait for the electricity to turn back on during a tropical storm, playing card games with friends for free meals or personal favors.When I rediscovered this model while flipping through some really old issues of "The Paper," a monthly magazine by OrigamiUSA, I knew I had to fold it. This model really isn't something that I could say that I'm proud of, but I didn't fold it because I wanted a challenge or because I thought it looked cool (It does by the way). It touches a part of my life that I want to share with others.

The Model
Ad-Lib. The key word to describe how I worked on this model. A majority of the steps are described perfectly in the diagram, but for some strange reason, I missed counted a few lines near the end and miss folded a few things. The table is a bit lop sided, the guy's legs and arms are way out of proportion, the woman's dress isn't round, etc....Boy I could list the things that don't look right. I took some time to fold some things around till things look a bit decent. I just need to take a step back from being a folder and just appreciating what's in front of me. I am happy with what I see =).

More pics of "Card Players" in my Google+ Album
Most of the paper I use start off as aluminum foil sandwiched by tissue paper
The "Duo-ness" of the paper and a back-up sheet in case I mess up.





No comments:

Post a Comment